Is there such a thing as low carb French fries? Jicama is about as close as you can get. Here’s the basics on how to make them.
- Prep Time10 minutes
- Cook Time40 minutes
- Total Time50 minutes
- Servings 4 people
- Calories 92kcal
- 2 cups jicama sliced (about 1 small)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt divided
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Peel jicama and slice into french fry pieces.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon sea salt into medium pot of water. Bring to a boil.
- Boil jicama fries in boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain in colander.
- Place drained jicama pieces into a large mixing bowl. Coat with avocado oil, then sprinkle on 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, garlic powder, cumin, and smoked paprika. Blend in spices.
- Spread fries onto oiled baking pan. Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes, turning halfway through baking time, until fries are crisp.
For crispier french fries, remove the jicama from the oven after about 10 minutes and then fry in hot oil until browned.